Farzad & Ochoa's Financial Literary Scholarship
Welcome to our Scholarship Page
Farzad & Ochoa is proud to award an annual scholarship of $2,500 to a deserving college student whose dedication to their education will undoubtedly help them achieve a bright future.
"We believe education is the key to financial stability and economic wellness. We want to support students who are making sacrifices to reach their goals," states managing partner, B. Robert Farzad.
The deadline for the 2020 scholarship is December 15, 2020.
We encourage all qualifying high school seniors and college students to apply.
At Farzad & Ochoa, We Are Advocates for Financial Literacy and Higher Learning
At Farzad & Ochoa, our team is committed to supporting students working toward their goals in higher education.
Our attorneys understand the sacrifices students often make to pay for their education.
We made the same sacrifices to cover the cost of our own education—both during undergraduate studies and in law school.
To this end, we award this annual scholarship to one deserving student based on academic merit and their submitted essay.
Our scholarship committee will consider all complete applications submitted via our website before the December 15, 2020 deadline.
2020 Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
As a merit-based scholarship, you will need to meet specific requirements to qualify, which includes:
- Having a minimum 3.0 GPA in your high school within the United States (for upcoming first-year college students) coursework or your college courses,
- Being admitted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States,
- Submitting an essay of 1,500 to 3,000 words on the topic below. The word count is not strict but a guideline,
- Submitting a copy of your most recent high school or university transcript. You may redact any social security number from the document you submit, and Agreeing to the terms and conditions of this scholarship offer.
- Agreeing to the terms and conditions of this scholarship offer as set forth herein and on the terms and conditions page.
You must also include the following information when you apply for the scholarship:
- Your first Name
- Your last Name
- Your street address + city, state, and zip code
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The school or university you are currently attending, and
- Your expected graduation date
The scholarship applicant is responsible for any State and/or Federal taxes related to receipt of the scholarship.
By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission, attendance, and GPA, by contacting the high school, college, or university.
Employees of the firm or any family members of such employees are disqualified from applying for the scholarship.
2020 Scholarship Essay
For 2020, we ask scholarship applicants to write between 1,500 to 3,000 words on the following three-part topic:
- What specific challenges do you or your peers currently have that prevent you / your peers from the optimal management of personal finances? This can be educational, technological, societal, and/or even generational (your generation).
- What specific education-related steps can you and your peers take to move toward that optimal management of personal finances? Include steps regardless of whether you or your peers pursue a degree and/or a career in finance or accounting.
- What specific technology-related steps can you and your peers take to move toward that optimal management of personal finances?
Your essay must be submitted as a PDF when you email the rest of your application materials.
Apply via Email Today
If you meet the qualifications, agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein and on the separate terms and conditions page, and believe you may be the deserving student we are looking for, we encourage you to submit your application materials by using the link titled "Click to Email The Scholarship Committee."
By submitting your application and essay, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions set forth on this page and on the terms and conditions page linked above.
Our scholarship committee will begin reviewing applications later this year.
We will announce the scholarship winner during the Spring of 2021.
All applications are due on or before December 15, 2020.
We will only consider complete applications submitted on or before December 15, 2020.