Your children mean more to you than anything else. We not only understand that but, as parents, we know exactly what you mean and how you feel. California child custody law and procedure can sometimes feel like a complex maze and even the best and most well-meaning parents may have trouble navigating it. Good news is this – we can really help.
First, if you truly want to read a fantastic guide on child custody, we have written one for you. Click on the link to get to it:
Below, we have also written some common frequently asked questions parents ask regarding Orange County child custody cases and answered each one. Click on each question for the answer. Remember, this is not legal advice. We are providing you with important, general information but it’s not a substitute for a private meeting with an experienced family law attorney to discuss the specifics of your child custody case or situation. Want to contact us and set up your strategy session? Our law firm has two Orange County offices to serve you:
Ready for the child custody FAQ? Here we go:
- Will a family law judge make temporary child custody orders before the divorce is final?
- How Does a Family Law Judge Make Child Custody Orders in a Divorce?
- What is physical custody?
- What is legal custody?
- Do judges make decisions on custody based on the age of the children?
- How do family courts make custody decisions when the children are less than 3 years old?
- How do family courts make custody decisions when the children are between 3 and 5 years old?
- How do family courts make custody decisions when the children are between 6 and 11 years old?
- How do family courts make custody decisions when the children are between 12 and 18 years old?
- How does the family court typically divide holidays when making child custody decisions?
- How does the family court typically divide school breaks when deciding child custody issues?
- What do I do if my spouse intends to take the children out of state?
- How can I move with the children to another county or state?
- Do family law judges permit a child to testify about his or her preferences about custody?
- What can I do to see my children when my spouse interferes with my parental rights?